The CTE Scholarship application deadline is fast approaching. All applications are due electronically by January 31, 2020.
As your students begin their winter break, remind them to prepare their responses to the essay prompts and collect all necessary documentation needed for the application.
- Letter of Recommendation – CTE Teacher
- Letter of Recommendation – Other
- Unofficial transcript
- All CTE skill certifications and industry certifications earned between Grades 9-12.
- Describe the Work-Based Learning (WBL) experience you had during high school (Grades 9-12).
- If you participated in a Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) during high school, explain what leadership and workplace skills you developed and explain how it benefited you in your career preparation. For example, workplace skills could include communication, problem solving, teamwork, critical thinking, dependability, accountability, etc.
- What other leadership, citizenship, and/or service experiences did you participate in during high school (Grades 9-12)?
- Outline and discuss your educational and occupational goals. Highlight the CTE training this scholarship will provide you if you receive a CTE Scholarship and Tuition Award.
- Reflecting on your high school years (Grades 9-12), how did CTE courses you completed prepare you for life after high school? What advantages did they provide for your college and career plans?
- What advice would you offer to future students about taking CTE courses during high school?
- Was there an educator (teacher, counselor, administrator) who was especially influential in your career choice? If so, who? What did they do to help you?
As you begin the application process there is no option to save progress and continue at a later time. It is important that you collect all documentation and prepare essay answers prior to filling out the application.
Once students are ready to complete the application, they will need to check that they have all the documentation needed to fill out the application. Once all items have been checked, the Apply Now button will be active for them to begin the application process.
All applications must be submitted using Adobe Sign. No application will be accepted that are incomplete or emailed, faxed, or mailed in. More information about the CTE Scholarship can be found at https://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/resources/scholarshipsawards.