Below is some information to help you and your student(s) navigate online learning a little better. If you would like step by step picture-instructions, please see below.
How To Register Your Student’s Email Address To Skyward:
It has come to our attention that not all students are receiving email notifications from their teachers. In order to have your student(s) start receiving email notifications please have them follow the steps below:
- Login to your student Skyward account.
- Click on the “My Account” button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Where it says “Email:_________________” type in the email address where the student would like to receive correspondence. (If a parent email is in this spot, remove it. Parents will still receive emails. Their email addresses are listed in a different spot on Skyward.) Students can submit a personal or school email account. Click “Save”.
How To Sign Up As An Observer On Your Student’s Canvas Account:
Students: You can create a Pair with Observer code so your parent or legal guardian can view your work. Go to the Canvas website http://jsd.instructure.com
- Click on Account at the top of the global navigation menu on the far left of the screen.
- Click on Settings in the Account menu.
- In the far right of the Settings, click on “Pair with Observer” to create the code.
- The “Pair with Observer” window opens providing a 6-digit code of capital and lowercase letters. Note: Take note of the code. If you are unclear about letters, specifically the letters i or l, you can click “OK” to repeat step 4 until you get a different code.
This code is only good for seven (7) days and for a one-time use. If both parents and/or guardians want to pair with a student, the student will need to create another code.
Go to the Canvas website http://jsd.instructure.com
In the upper right corner, click on “Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account”.
A Parent Signup window will open.
- Enter your name in the Your Name field.
- Enter your email in the Your Email field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
- Enter a pairing code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
- Click the Start Participating button.
Your Dashboard opens. You can begin observing your student in Canvas immediately by clicking on any of their courses.
Observe additional students
- Click “Account” on the left panel.
- Click “Settings”
- In User Navigation, click Observing.
- Type the pairing code in the Student Pairing Code field.
- Click the Add Student button.
View the paired student
Repeat steps 1-5 to add additional students you want to observe.